How do I pay for onboard expenses?
For your convenience, all shipboard expenses are charged to your Onboard account. Sign up when you check in, establishing your method of payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB Card, Diner's Club. You may also use your debit card however please be advised that we obtain pre-authorization, as we do for all Credit Cards, and some banks hold these funds for up to 30 days. The maximum initial pre-authorization amount for all credit and debit cards is $300. Cash can also be used as a method of payment to settle your account with an initial deposit paid in advance.
Using your debit or ATM card
- Norwegian does not recommend the use of a debit card as payment for your onboard folio.
- Please be advised that multiple holds will be placed on your debit card account based on your onboard purchases.
- After settling your onboard folio, these debit card holds may remain on your account up to 30 days after the cruise ends.
- To avoid overdraft charges from your bank, please make sure that you have enough available funds in your account during this hold period.
- Norwegian will not be responsible for overdraft charges resulting from holds placed on Debit Card accounts.
Traveller's Cheque / Cash Procedures
A cash deposit may be placed on your onboard account in the following amounts:
7 day cruises - $300 USD per person
Less than 7 days - $150 USD per person
More than 7 days - $450 USD per person
Once you have exceeded the deposited amount, your account will be closed to further charges. You can deposit as much money as often as you'd like throughout the cruise, however, refunds cannot be made until the day of disembarkation for any excess.
**Personal cheque will not be accepted, nor can they be cashed on board.