Duration 4 hrs
Gain an appreciation for the versatility of natural, recyclable building materials by touring several structures ingeniously constructed with them. Known as the Aeiphoria Project, this collection of buildings near the village of Nesson is made with natural, locally sourced materials such as soil, stone and even straw. It will be eye-opening to see exactly how these sustainable, green materials are harvested and put together using simple, low-impact tools instead of heavy machinery. The process doesn’t contribute to deforestation, pollution, or the waste of mineral resources. The resulting structures are strong, durable, and non-toxic as soil is the main building material. They are also naturally bioclimatic as they are designed around local climatic factors such as sunlight and wind, so energy use is minimized. In all likelihood, you will come away from this experience more enlightened about alternative, green architecture and how it complements the environment rather than destroying it.
• See a collection of buildings ingeniously constructed with natural materials such as soil.
• Be amazed by the strength and durability of the 100% recyclable, locally sourced materials.
• Gain an understanding of how these green buildings complement the environment.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear flat comfortable walking shoes.
- Adult from: $79.00 USD
- Child from: $79.00 USD