Harvest Caye, Belize
Duration 5 1/2 hrs
Float down a slow-moving river on an inner tube and take in the spectacular rainforest scenery while listening to the ambient sounds of the jungle. You will get a genuine feel for rural life while driving through the densely forested countryside on the way to Maya World Outpost, the starting point for your adventure. After a short briefing to help you maximize the tubing experience, you will ease into the river and let the current carry you downstream. Mountain springs feed the river so the water is usually crystal-clear. Along the way, you will pass through a picturesque mountain gorge, over a series of small rapids and under overhanging trees so you will usually be in the shade. The scenery will be ever-changing, which adds to the excitement and makes the trip all the more memorable. Chances are, you will hear squawking tropical birds as they are abundant in the protected rainforest.
• Float down a slow-moving river through a pristine rainforest.
• Admire the ever-changing jungle scenery while listening to the sounds of nature.
• Look for wildlife, especially birds such as the keel-billed toucan, Belize’s national bird.
• Dress in weather-appropriate clothing.
• Wear a swimsuit under your clothes..
• Wear shoes that are appropriate for the water.
- Adult from: $99.00 USD
- Child from: $79.00 USD